Quote of the Day

Remember this motto: I will give the last penny I have, the last crumb off my plate, and the shirt off my back to help anyone in need.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Un fin de semena

I will quickly explain my last four days.
Friday; Dance
Saturday: Tapalpa
Sunday: Panaroma/Lookout
Monday: El noche de Hogar a.k.a Fútbol!!!

Viernes: On Friday we went to a dance with the kids from church, a young adult dance. I think most everyone in our group was nostalgic about American music, we kept asking the DJ for Musica Americana. They played a lot of techno, the salsa and Latino dance was not too bad though, that was fun. The Mexican guys think I can dance excellante! Más or menos.
Sabado: we went to this town called Tapalpa. We ate at this restaurante called El Tonga. We had tortillas and limonade, and I had pollo (chicken) after wards it was quite a treat a Mirachi band came and sang to us, it was cool. After lunch we went to the city. It was very impressive, very beautiful. It kind of reminds you of a Méxican town , very nice people, inset in the mountains, small little shops and stands everyone, one big church in the middle of the town. It rained on us there, but it sure was beautiful town. I bought a mango there, and some bread. Quite deliciousa. I ate the mango on a stick. Me and Melissa hung out with our friend Juan from the Universidad. Our Spanish is slowly progressing. I know how to say two spanish frases. Melissa is better than I. She is good about always speaking in Spanish , even to the Americans, when I am with my Americanos amigos I like to speak English, The two phrases that I have learned are Es un pan de cada día, which means oh its no problem, its part of my regular routine everyday I dont mind doing the favor for you.
Domingo: After church, in the evening, we went and saw this panarama of the Guadalaraja city. It was beautiful. The kids from the church took us there I have tons of pictures, but I will have Lunes: Fútbul y más fútbul. For family home evening we played soccer ( i got obessed with it) and played for about four hours. The local Mexican guys played with us in our group. We think all of our group will meet up with them each week and play. Hasta Martes.

No comments:

Post a Comment