Quote of the Day

Remember this motto: I will give the last penny I have, the last crumb off my plate, and the shirt off my back to help anyone in need.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

He llegado en Mexico !!!

Hey everyone, sorry I dont think that I will be able to upload pictures while here is Mexico, but I want to keep up on my blog. So I arrived in Mexico on Saturday June 19, 2010. Me and the guy that I traveled with arrived at 5 a.m. en la mañana. Sorry if I mix up some ingles y español. Anyways, we got to our house at 6:30 in the morning. And we needed to stay up the day, so I was very very tired ( well we choose to go out and do activies) The name of my host mom is Felipa, she is very very nice and kind. She can cook comida muy rica, and she is always helping us and wanting us to have fun and asking us about our day. My roomates name is Melissa, but there is a another girl from Canada, her name is Lisa. However, she is only here for one month. Our house looks like a little Beach bungalo, tienda type thing. WIth marble and tile floor and some wood as well. The house is very open so bugs get in quite often, as I already have four or five bug bites. We are not allowed to drink out of the tap water, just shower and brush our teeth. The traffic is crazy here, people often drive in the middle of the road, with no seatbelts they have them but they usually never wear them, and you can not make any promises that they will stop for pedestrians. And the busses ( camions) they drive like that are a little fast jeta, I get a little bit nervous on the rode, its crazy, however, there are hardly any crashes at all.
On Saturday we went to to the centro, and just kinda viewed it around a bit, we saw this marvelous church, and these muesums, and this huge galleria San Juan de dios. On Sunday we went to iglesia , which usually starts a las 9, pero it was stake conference this last sunday so we had to travel to another building by bus, however, there was one member who had a motorcycle and he asked anyone if they wanted to arrive there muy rapido, I said I wanted to and got the okay/ kinda nervous look from my professor, so we arrived there early and he took me around the town again. Church was very humbling, the really emphasized the family proclamation to the world, and going on missions, and eternal families. After that we went out to eat at this restaurane se llama Pipioli. It was muy rica ( very good). Then we went back to our houses. On Monday probably was one of the best days of my life.
First to start off, Monday was our first day of school here at the University, oh by the way, we study at the Universidad de Autonoma, which means University of Medicine. It is Huge!!! 1,000 square acres. Muy gran. We have classes everyday from 9-12. Our professor is very beautiful and very simpatica, her name is Paoula Patricia Valencia. We have an hour of grammar and then 2 horas of speaking spanish or talking about current fashions/ cool things to do here, or types of people, but all in Spanish.
Anyways, back to yesterday, after school , well there are three people in charge of el noche de hogar, which is family home evening, me, my roomate Melissa, and this other guy named Romney. So we were in charge of it, we played a get to know you game, and before that I bore my testimony of how God words miracles, and we are his children, and how I was very humbled that God provided me for this trip and I was able to earn the money and work hard through Him. I was very grateful. Then afterwards, we talked with the other people our age from the church that came to el noche de hogar, the other Mexican girls and guys. They were very very very nice, I taught them how to play a game called Dip, Dip, Dip. It was very fun.
Then today we had school again. Every morning my roomate and I try to get up and go running, we have this bosque ( forest) very very close to our house, that is fun and very safe to run in. My roomate and I live close to the Universidad, We give ourself a half hour to get there, but today we made it in 15 minutes by walking fast.
So to close up todos, I just want to say a quick over view about Mexico. I love it here, my roomate and I already want to stay for longer. Although I love it here, I would not want to live here, America is a very wonderful land where we are blessed with much freedoms and blessings. The Mexican people are very giving, they give you all they have, although they might not even really ahve nothing. They are willing to help you for how ever long, and take time out of their day. People are more important thn schedules to them,. They always say if we ever need anything we can go to their houses. I have not really been shopping yet, but we will soon, today my roomate and I are going to go exploring. Te quiero mucho, email me or comment on my blog if you have any questions I can answer them. oh and P.S. the food is incredible, muchos tortillas, however, a lot of picante ( very spicy) which my stomach is not quite used to yet, but its very full of flavor. Over and out . Hasta mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment