Quote of the Day

Remember this motto: I will give the last penny I have, the last crumb off my plate, and the shirt off my back to help anyone in need.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Time Scuba Diving














































Hello Everyone!









You are talking to Hawaii's newest certified Open Water Diver! My first diving experience as about a depth of about 45 feet or so, so not that far. It really is a beautiful world down there, very unique, it's hard to describe, you feel as if you have left Earth! But you know it's God's planet. I got to swim with a turtles, see a family of turtles, and hold an octupus! My favorite part. As most of you might know, I am not much of a dare devil or high adventure girl so I started descending that I indicated to my instructor to go up, then he asked what happened, I told him I got scared, so I relaxed then worked my way down to the bottom again. Aloha!! REmember you are welcome to comment or ask questions if you want! Mahalo (thank you in Hawaiian)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I'm jealous! Tell Grandma we said hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erynn! Ha ha. That looks awesome! I was just in Hawaii with my family, too, and I tried snorkeling for the first time and that was scary enough for me! Ha ha ha. It really is gorgeous there though. Your field study to Guadalajara sounds awesome. I hope you really enjoy it. I'm sure you will. :) I'll see you in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO was it hard to get used to breathing only through your mouth? I always thought that would be a challenge. I have a fear of underwater things, but if I am down IN the water and can see what's around me I don't get as nervous. I really envy your opportunity to do all these things. I am really glad you get to!

    ReplyDelete