Quote of the Day

Remember this motto: I will give the last penny I have, the last crumb off my plate, and the shirt off my back to help anyone in need.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Lenguas, Estomago, and Piramidres

Here I am sitting in the library, thinking what I should write for myblog. Did you know that this campus here in Mèxico is 1000 square acres. Last Thursday we went dancing, and before we ate hotdogs. Here one can put tons of toppings on their hot dogs, I think I put cheese, guac, chips, beans, cream, and mayo. Dancing was way way crowded, but fun.

This last weekend we went to see a circular piramide called Guancanmontes, I think that s how it is spelled. They are very old. Even B.C. There were like rocks in a circle forming up into a piramide. These ancient people were actually quite intelligent, this pyramid representated the sun and the equinoic and 52 weeks in the year. Then afterwards we went to go eat at a restaurante called El Sol. I was full enough for two meals worth of food. I ate ham, I ate chicken, I ate beans, I ate guac, carne asada, lemonada, tortillas, shrimp soup, chips.
Cultural Tip of the Day: Be aware if the busses are super crowded you may get closer to people than you would like to be.
Real quick Friday: On friday we went to our friend Nidia`s house. She is our friend here from the church. She lived way across town and we got to eat the most wonderful tasteful thing in the world. I will be adding this to one of my other listing of interesting but quite good things to eat. We ate Guac, beans, tortillas, and Tongue and Stomach ( of a cow) I have to admit not have bad, much better than pig skin, and I have something new to add to my list of things I have tried that are extremely unusal. Then once again we had churros. It will probably be better if I leave out the numer of how many. After wards we went to this place called Teatro de Degaydo to see an opera. It was beautiful people of all ages. We had to dress up formal so our frien did our hair for us after dinner, my hair was straight. Back to the opera. My favorite part was when these three young girls climbed and hung off of these strips of curtain hanging from the cealing.
Real Quick Sunday: Probably one of the most beautiful days of my life so far. We had a wonderful missionary program. We went to this plaza called Plaza de Fundadores, right behind the place where the opera was located. The government gave the missionaries permission to have this spot for three hours. So our group presented a presentation the living Christ, it was all in Spanish, and during it the missionaries were able to go out and proselyate. It was cool to sing songs of the love of Christ and bear our testimonies of him and look out in the backround and see missionary proclaiming the gospel. I got a feeling that this gospel work is about building others help and helping others find Christ and loosing our lives for the sake of others having this beautiful message.
This is from my friend Anita`s blog. She is a girl on our trip. I have official decided that others can write more creative and interesting blogs than I can and por eso I am copying some of their perfect descriptions. So this is Anita`s description of Lucha Libre, which happened almost three weeks ago. She has it pretty right on the dot. I will not be going there ever again.

Dia 25: Lucha Libre

Well... I went to a Lucha Libre and all I can say is once is good enough. It was hilarious and disturbing all at the same time. Lucha libres are essentially like WWE. There are massive men wearing spandex and masks wrestling in a ring in the middle of the room. It's obviously planned and dramatized.They were smacking each other, doing flips, begging for mercy then attacking their opponents as they turn at the right moment. Super stupid. Anyways, as a group we went to one of the lucha libres for the weekly cultural activity. The beginning of the event I laughed and was pretty entertained. I made up nicknames for the wrestlers and they did silly little tricks around the ring. But then it got weird. They started t-bagging each other, ripping off pants, girls in little clothing came out with "round two" signs and jumped around for the crowd. Everyone started yelling SUPER interesting things at each other and to the wrestlers. Let's just say I learned a lot of colorful swear words. I was laughing the whole time but it was just awkward after an hour or so. Some things just should NOT be seen. And I felt bad for the poor skinny guy who got jumped on by a 350 lb monster! Oh and everyone who sat in the front row will have bruises tomorrow from the men falling out of the ring. Pretty insane night.

No comments:

Post a Comment